1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Making Room - app2sd and other questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by travelcat, Aug 19, 2011.

1. travelcat

travelcat Guest
    None
    Android Version: Froyo 2.2
    Network: T-Mobile (but unbranded phone)
    Taskiller Used?:No
    [Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: Not rooted but S-OFF and Titanium Backup appears to work like I'm rooted (I tried to unrevoke but got a CID error)

Issue:

I have a number of really bloated apps - most notably Skype and Kindle - that show up on App2SD's "moveable" list, but they fail to move. I've tried to move them with Titanium Backup - it tells me they've moved, but they have not. The 16GB SD card has around 15 GB free.

Why not? All other "moveable" apps move. Second question, if not answered by "why not" is how can I get them to move over? I'm already out of space and only have 8 apps in the internal memory!

Also, I used Root Explorer to delete all the crapware out of my phone. It didn't make as much difference as I was hoping - my Desire has approx 147MB internal space, but I only get about 60MB free on a fresh reset. That gets eaten up pretty fast, apparently, as I got down to only 12MB free with those 8 apps - had to delete Skype to get the icon to go away.

Are Desires really this horrible as far as space? I've been fighting this issue for a year! Would a custom ROM free up more internal space?

Advertisement

2. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

If you can use titanium backup you are rooted. Do you have superuser app?

Best way to save space is flash a custom hboot. Easiest and you are already s-off

Tags: