1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Making space

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by filbert, Dec 6, 2011.

1. filbert

filbert Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Male
    IT
    UK
    OOPs, wrong forum. I thought I was posting in the SF2 area. I have only had my SF 2 for a few days (my first Android phone) but already I have almost filled up the main memory. I have found an App called App 2 SD which helps move some apps to the SD card (I've put a bigger one in).

How do I free up some space? There seems to be a lot of Orange stuff that I'm not likely to use, nor do I use gmail. Has anyone got a recommended list of stuff to delete and what sort of room I should try to keep free?

TIA F

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forums!

I am not familiar with the SF2 - you may be better checking in here Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2) - Android Forums as other users of the device will be able to offer you help and advice on getting the most out of your new phone!

EDIT - it is possible to get rid of the Orange bloatware rubbish, but that is by rooting your device... this voids the warrantee but, in my opinion, is totally worth it!

There is a whole section on "All Things Root" in the sub-forum I've linked above.

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Filbert - don't worry... it's not a problem to post in here... I've only linked the SF2 forum, as I wasn't sure if you'd seen it!

Hope you manage to get your issues sorted!!

4. filbert

filbert Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Male
    IT
    UK
    OOPs, wrong forum. I thought I was posting in the SF2 area. Sorry..

I am new to Android - I have had various smart-phones (Palm, Maemo, Blackberry and an iPOD) but I need the Orange UMA/Signal boost, so I thought I's try a budget Android phone - hence the SF2. I'm looking forward to learning lots in here..

Rgrds

F

5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Filbert - do not worry... it's not wrong to post questions in here... the only reason I linked the other part of this site was that I thought you'd get better support from within the device sub-forum!

It's always nice to see new members with questions and we try to answer them where possible.

I hope you manage to get your issue sorted - good luck!!