• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Making the forums more usable to others.

Bubsmash

Sep 19, 2011
Okay as of lately I have been having allot of problems understanding as of what to do to modify my phone the way I would like it as well as how to root my phone.
This is all in due to others posting how they rooted there phones in a small posting yet no instruction as to what they did to root or modify there phones.
I myself am doing my best to root a Samsung Fascinate (Telus) phone there are two different kinds of Fascinate phones. What I do see missing from these forums is you go into a section any section and only so many things are on a sticky which in the Fascinate part of the forums things are still very unclear.
I am doing my best to help out where I can when I know an answer. I am not bashing anyone here either I just would really like to see more Sticky posts on how to root a phone in the sections we have here as I think it would be greatly appreciated by others.
The problems I see so far with the phone I have is this: Home button not working properly as well as the back button. I know there are fixes for this so I am thinking why can we not sticky these as well as doing update stickies as we move forward from Gingerbread to the Honeycomb update that is soon to come.
I also feel this will help allot with others not having to ask the same questions when others have tested these processes with much success making it easier for others to do these steps without next to no problems in due cutting our posts almost in half.
Thank you to all that have helped me understand with what I do understand thus far. Please do not see this post as a bash post it was not intended for that but to help improve all of our successes here thank you.

For instance these kind of posts I feel should be in sticky format at the top of the page: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=901158

This one should be in the (Telus) Fascinate part of the forums here.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Greetings bubsmash,

There are always going to be those issues that a small subset of people are going to have. In those instances, your going to have to rely on the search and plain ole sleuthing to find the answers.

Stickies are usually reserved for the most common, across the board issues that a large number of people are going to experience.

As a rule of thumb, the How to Root sections are usually stuck at the top of the sub forums.

The only answer my friend is reading, reading and oh did I mention all the reading.

Samsung Fascinate (Telus) - Android Forums

Good luck.

P.S.

The fascinate is pretty much (E.O.L...End of life), most of the devs and a lot of the users have moved on to their next conquest. That makes getting "new" help a whole lot harder. Which means your going to have to dig through the posts to get the answers your looking for, sorry!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Unfortunately many of the good posts on rooting get buried deep in the forum after a while, especially for older phones like the Ally for example. There are some threads I would love to see as a sticky but sections like this become neglected because there is no longer a Mod or Guide that that visits that section regularly and actually uses a Ally even though it is still quite active. Just the price of owning a older phone I guess.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately many of the good posts on rooting get buried deep in the forum after a while, especially for older phones like the Ally for example. There are some threads I would love to see as a sticky but sections like this become neglected because there is no longer a Mod or Guide that that visits that section regularly and actually uses a Ally even though it is still quite active. Just the price of owning a older phone I guess.

Feel free to let us know what needs stickied or unstickied. It's difficult to guess when we don't own the phone ;)

Or, seek out the input of other users in a thread (reference the moto triumph ATR). We've got no problem making changes that will help you guys!

Upvote 0
Feel free to let us know what needs stickied or unstickied. It's difficult to guess when we don't own the phone ;)

Or, seek out the input of other users in a thread (reference the moto triumph ATR). We've got no problem making changes that will help you guys!

Oh I don't need help, as a matter of fact I try to help others as much as time allows (and there are others much more experienced than myself) but the sticky @ the top is quite out of date and excludes many good ROM's and rooting solutions. Maybe I'll try to put together a list of suggestions for updates to it in the next week or so and see how it goes.
I have asked why this or that method was excluded from the sticky on how to root ally in the past and was pretty much ignored, the threads are there, but you have to hunt for them.
That's not meant as a rant but just saying how it went in the past.

Upvote 0
Yeah that is basically with what I am seeing now is that most tools ect that was working before to get Root access as well as other things in due to new Firmware versions coming out ect most of the info is outdated to the new info that is being collected which in turn makes it really hard to dig for the new info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones