1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

making update.zip package

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Muk343, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Muk343

Muk343 Newbie

I tried to make an update.zip kind of package just for checking how it works.
    I browsed many forum and have a basic doubt ...in META INF ..deep down we have two files updater script and update binary. While we write edify codes in updater script, where does this updater binary comes from?

moreover i come across i command in script which i couldn't decipher to the fullest..

mount("ext4","EMMC","/dev/block/st112","/system");

I have some basic idea but i need full explanation of above line.

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

The update-binary can come from anywhere as long as you take it from a working update.zip...the code that you are in doubt is actually to mount the system partition of the SGA in recovery...:)...for more info, refer here: [TUTORIAL] Making Flashable ZIPs, EDIFY Script, ZIP Signing & Key Creation [30.10.12]

Muk343 likes this.
  3. Muk343

Muk343 Newbie

Hmm ..i tried a update but it failed saying Error:Status 6.
    i did some research and found that it has some problems with syntax.So I wrote a very simple script next.But i also gave the same problem. Its so simple i can't find any problem.
    Below is my package.
    Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

geno66 and ahmyani like this.
  4. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

Ahh...the EOL of your updater-script is not in unix format...use Notepad++ to convert it...for more info, google about CWM status 6 error...:)

Muk343 likes this.
  5. Muk343

Muk343 Newbie

Thanks a lot man ....i worked.I knew i had to set UNIX as a format somewhere but didn't exactly knew the solution.

Thanks a lot

6. ijo lumut

ijo lumut Lurker

Android system recovery <3e, BUILD : 20110503-15:44:20>

E:Cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/blco/mmcblk0)

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews