1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Malware/adware or harmfull apps on Android 7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Uncharted83, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Uncharted83

Uncharted83 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2017
    Male
    So I suspect I have some kind of Malware or adware / Virus or however the defenition is on my phone.
    It have happened before, and back then I could isolate what the program was called and were able to delete it. Back then I traced the adware/malware (sorry I dont really know the difference) back to an app I got from Play-market.

This time I suspect it came from an audio-recording app I downloaded in a hurry when I needed to record something for an assignment, and I delteted in straight after. A few days later an ad showed up from nowhere while playing Pokemon Go. Next time while I was in the dashboard. Anothertime while reading the news.
    I have a payed subscription of F-secure on my phone, but it doesn't find anything. I allso tried Norton Mobile Security with no resault.

Last time this happened I was able to go through app the apps in settings, I googled on things that sounded suspicious untill I found what was not supposed to be there. But now I have Android 7.0 and only main applications are visible when I chose "all" I can not see any of the subordinate apps.

I wellcome suggestions how to solve this problem.

By the way, during this time I have a suspision that the phone is making "ghost calls"
    It has happened 2 times and I can not be sure that I didn't do them by accident. But sense I never ever make phonecalls by accident, and suddenly it has happened 2 times while I suspect harmfull code in my phone - they may be related.

Advertisement

2. Uncharted83

Uncharted83 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2017
    Male
    Ok I found the system app in the menue (three dots) on the left upper corner.

However, It appears I have a "bootagent" and I can't remove it. There where allso TUIagent that is a malware, but I can only force stop it. Cant delete it, why is that?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was released in 2015, and offered a curved display versus the standard flat panel found in the standard Galaxy S6. The device features a 5.1-inch display, 3GB of RAM, up to 128GB of storage, and a 16MP rear-facing camera.