1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Malware?---"Allow Single access to your pictures" popup. Huh?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tgm1024, Jun 9, 2020.

1. tgm1024

tgm1024 Well-Known Member

Ok, this was weird. All I did was snap an outdoor photo, and for the first time I got that cryptic message in the subject line:

(Words to the effect of) "Allow Single access to your pictures? (allow/deny)"

I denied it any access right away. I saw "Single" and I'm thinking I somehow got a malware Single persons app on my phone (called "Single"), and it was potentially one of those ransomware encryption scams.

Is this something to worry about?

Thanks all

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Never heard of "Single". But just to be sure, you don't have an app called "Single" installed? Or "Signal", a message app whose name could easily be misread as "Single"?

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

4. tgm1024

tgm1024 Well-Known Member

Well, ever since I saw my phone cycle through passwords as if I were typing them into a google dialog box, *and* saw an app throw up ads even after uninstalled until I discovered that it wasn't actually uninstalled but just hiding itself and I thankfully caught it with a deleting utility.....well, I've been cautious. I don't buy into articles on either side BTW.

Yeah, first thing I checked. No, it's not Signal. I'll wait until it happens again.

MrJavi likes this.