1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

malware or virus or nothing?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Android Question

I have a Samsung galaxy s2 and I clicked on a link on facebook then something started downloading in the back ground. So I looked at my application managers and found stuff and I didn't know what they were so I clicked on them and it says the application can do anything and I mean anything it wants on my phone, it can access all my personal information, services that cost me money, my messages, my location, network communications, accounts, storage, hardware controls, phone calls and system tools. It has something to do with SysScope. I've tried factory resetting and downloading anti virus (lookout) but it's not done anything! but now I can't even get onto my google play account because it's changed my password!

please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Sysycope is a factory installed system app that should be there along with all its many permissions.

What are the names of the apps that you suspect as having been downloaded? If you look in menu manage apps and the app appears in the "all" tab but not in "downloaded" then its a system app and probably should be there.

If you have done a factory reset then you would have to re-enter your google login details and give your phone a chance to re-sync with google playstore servers. Your old account should still work on from google.com on a pc

If you continue to have trouble, I suggest that you register on the forums and post your questions in the S2 forum where a 2 way dialogue can be held (you cannot answer this in this questions forum). I doubt that there is any great probem, but in future down download anything unless you are sure you know what it does! :)

Roger