• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (Manage Applications) issue.........

damewolf13

live~laugh~love
May 14, 2010
AZ
I have a problem with both of my S3's (different carriers) when I go into the settings/manage applications. The list of apps will show up just fine, but if I try to scroll down, the "manage application" setting force closes.
So I figured I wouldn't scroll down the list, and picked out Astro files from the list, to see if I could access it. The Astro files heading opened but then almost immediately force closed. The problem comes when I can not ever clear any caches/data, or uninstall apps from that "Manage Apps" list.
A lot of apps can be uninstalled from Play Store, but not all, and I can never clear cache or data unless someone knows a workaround for this problem. I have already done factory resets on both of these phones, and the problem keeps reappearing. Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem, or any other app that might give me access to my applications information? I am stumped!:thinking:

OP would have to be a really unlucky person :)

I agree. I was that unlucky person at one time. I bought what I thought were SanDisk SD cards off eBay for what seemed like a "too-good-to-be-true" price. Guess what? It was to-good-to-be-true because they certainly didn't perform like SanDisk...they turned out to be junk :(

Oh well. Live & learn.

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
I agree. I was that unlucky person at one time. I bought what I thought were SanDisk SD cards off eBay for what seemed like a "too-good-to-be-true" price. Guess what? It was to-good-to-be-true because they certainly didn't perform like SanDisk...they turned out to be junk :(

Oh well. Live & learn.

That is a completely different story and has nothing to do with bad luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones