1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Manage sounds in CM7 aka WIn98SE

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by johngoodin, Dec 21, 2012.

1. johngoodin

johngoodin Newbie

Is there an app that can manage sound events in android much the same way Windows 98SE did?

From Microsoft Helpnet...

<Quote>You can have your computer play a sound when certain events occur on your computer. (An event can be an action that you perform, such as logging on to your computer, or an action that your computer performs, such as alerting you when you receive new email.) Windows comes with several sound schemes (a collection of related sounds) for common events. Additionally, some desktop themes have their own sound schemes.
    <End Quote>

I would like startup, shutdown, sleep sounds etc... CM7 didn't come any sort of sound event manager. Any app of this sort would come with its own sounds with the ability to change any of them...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

ok startup sound is device specific. some can and some cant (ok all can but some its easy and some its not) shutdown im not really sure but ive seen files named shutdown.ogg or something like that so its probally possible, and sleep sound you just have to find where the ogg file is stored (i think its in system/media/audio/ui/ but you have to be rooted to change anything. what device are you working on so i can point you better in the right direction?

3. johngoodin

johngoodin Newbie

I'm running a rooted Nook Color. I've allready located and run the bootsnd.sh script. Only now a need to locate a good. Mp3 file of under 10-15 seconds to use as a bootup sound.

Do you know of any android apps what can covert the windows. Wav files to. Mp3 format. Would be way cool to convert the default windows startup. Wav file to use.

4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

you can use audacity (my personal favorite) in windows to convert everything. then just copy it over :)