1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Managing Files & Slowness of UI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adi143n, Jan 2, 2012.

1. adi143n

adi143n Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Mumbai
    Hi,

1. I have recently got XPERIA RAY. I have certain things to ask.
    When i go into Gallery, all of my pictures, videos are on display, Is there any way to route it to some folder by manually creating it. Or will downloading the Astro file manager will help ? Will I able to move,whichever files i want to move into the File manager and keep the ones which I want to keep in Gallery..

2. I am facing a bit of slowness in the UI when it transits from one page to another, specially when we come out of inbox or go to the contacts and dial the number. Is it me only who is facing it, or its something thats not slow ?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Default Gallery displays everything, so best use a third party gallery like QuickPic where you can pick folders.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to Android Forums, adi143n.

Some slowness or "lag" can be remedied by disallowing animations in transition, etc, via the menu settings for "display." Make selections there which free the system of doing more work in the background, along with lower screen brightness, etc. Doing that can help some (not all users experience the same perceived lag, so it is a good idea to experiment).

Also, manually updating things such as weather apps/widgets, social networking apps and email apps, rather than allowing auto syncing, frees up a lot of service generated resources and can have a dramatic effect on system speed and battery life.

Again, you have to experiment. Usually the default settings on a new device are set to use the entire system poorly, so tweaking those settings can help with some users.

Astro File Manager is a fine tool for creating and moving folders and files around. You have to work with it to learn it over time.

Other users of your Xperia Ray will chime in here with more answers and details for you. Good luck, and have fun! :)