1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support managing open windows

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DianeM, Sep 17, 2010.

1. DianeM

DianeM Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Female
    California
    Tried to click a link on someone's tweet and got a message I had too many windows open. I didn't know where to look to see how many there were, but somehow stumbled upon a way to click an "X" to close various things I had opened throughout the day.

The one last window I cannot close is The Onion website. Humorous, to be sure, but I don't need to see the same stories every time I launch internet. So how do I get rid of it?

Or, I may have accidentally gotten an RSS feed from them, and I don't know where I was when I added it.

The folks at the VZ store were still trying to get me to re-install the app killer application which a few people in these forums said was unnecessary.

But how do I see what is running? And is it necessary to clear cache from time to time? I know - "this isn't Windows" - but after I've been watching something on Ustream or YouTube would it slow down the phone to run another app?

One more question, I couldn't get Pandora to shut off until I clicked over to FM radio and then was able to use the power-off switch there. I'm still making my way through the user manual, but would appreciate any hints to making this less perplexing.

Advertisement