• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Managing the screen background

This is, admittedly, a slightly silly question. On my Android 13 phone, I have enabled three button navigation. When I touch the square button, Overview, the screen turns gray. On my Android 10 phone when I touch the Overview button, the screen does not change color and I prefer this. What can I do to make this happen on the new phone? If it helps, my phone is rooted and is running Nova 7.

I don't think you can do anything about it. It is what it is.

Of course this is software, so in principle if you could find the piece of code responsible and change it then you could do something. But you'd have to find the bit of the system behind this, probably decompile it, edit, probably recompile and replace (take a Nandroid backup before trying anything like that). I don't offhand know where to find this though. It's not something that they provide a control for or which the launcher can alter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones