• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manipulating volume with Tasker

Methos1979

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2012
Third rock from the Sun
I am looking for some feedback or program examples on how to manipulate volume with Tasker, if possible. The problem I'm having is specifically media volume while playing streaming music through a BT connection with some Bose SoundLink speakers. The volume for some reason as operated on the phone itself only goes up and down a fraction of what it should. I'm hoping there are some steps using Tasker when I can write a program that allows to overcome this issue with the phone. The volume rocker on the phone works perfectly with every other device or type of volume, just not the Bose.

If any of you pros out there can give me your thoughts on this issue or show me programs you have come up with to manipulate your phones volume in different ways - especially using the phone's volume rocker - I would be greatly appreciative! Can this be done with Tasker?

I have this set in my tasker settings. But I am not sure it works 100% of the time. For example, I have a task for loading Car Home Ultra when my car connects to my bluetooth in my car and I have it set to turn up bluetooth volume to 15 which is the max. But there are many times that it doesn't work. I'd like a way to always have bluetooth maxed out because I can use the car to control the volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones