1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Manual Root with "coding"???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 76ford90lx, Sep 18, 2011.

1. 76ford90lx

76ford90lx Guest
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Q.A. Supervisor
    Riverside, CA
    Ok here I go again with the newb questions. I asked in a previous thread if the one click was dangerous to the phone. I communicated with a person that charges for Rooting and says that one click Roots are not good and that he does it the "right way". Before I get into it. I want to say. I AM NOT TRYING TO PUT DOWN ANYONE HERE. I REALIZE THAT THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THE ONE CLICK ROOT POSSIBLE ARE RIGHT HERE ON THE THIS FORUM. YOU ARE ALL VERY SMART AND DID AN AWESOME THING!! I am just asking questions to better understand my phone and what I know of it and the Android system in general. I will throw in some statements from another person not me. I just dont want to piss anyone off or have someone read this over too fast and take it as I am downing the guys that made it happen or running my mouth and saying that they dont know what they are doing.

So I ask how he can Root my phone without the one click because to the best of my knowledge the one click is the only thing that Roots this phone. He says that the one click IS the only way for people that DONT KNOW "coding" and also the ROM's for this phone are no good (dont know what that means) he says that he could take my money and give me a bad ROM but he dont do that. So he offers for a very reasonable price that he can give Root, remove bloatware, WiFi tether, and even set up a theme launcher for free if wanted and teach you how to remove crapware and more tips for you to use. He says that one click is just all the codes compressed into one file and it is not reliable and does not work very well.

So what is this "coding"
    Is this guy doing what the guys that developed the one click did, but he is doing it the long way instead of having the computer do it for you? If this guy knows "coding" is this something that the one click originators also know but did the work for us or is this something that they dont know about and this coding thing is more of a thing that computer developers/hacks/programmers are into instead of the above average computer hobbiest? Is this just something that is a Linux based thing? The more I read about one click and manual root has me more confused than I was in the beginning. Maybe I should just just my mouth since i know nothing about computers or phones or operating systems, but yet I still want to understand what is going on.

I'm just confused as to why he claims that this is the "right way" and he so confidant that the one click is no good. Overall I am just very damn curious as to what he actually is doing, I wonder if you get to watch him while its being done? lol. If everyone and thier mother is using one click, my mind is just spinning as to why and what this guys is doing/using.

Advertisement

2. Bloodawn

Bloodawn Android Expert
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    the guy is just trying to get you to pay him for something you could do in 5 mins by yourself bro, 99% chance 1 click root is what he would be using.

3. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    if the guy is so good and knows so much

Tell him you want a Gingerbread ROM loaded on your phone

If he can load Gingerbread on your phone, before some one else comes out with it on this or some other forum, then maybe he knows his stuff.

I bet you a beer he can not do it

murderousone likes this.
  4. agadida

agadida Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Ohio
    Whered you find this guy at? I wanna contact him and play dumb just to see what kinda bull hes spewing.

5. Necrotoxin

Necrotoxin Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    College student
    Doing it manually and doing it by one click are the same thing basically. You use an exploit to gain root access then as root you install super user thus super user will have root access and the ability to grant root access to other apps.

Doing it manually is really no "better" than using a one click except that you would be able to add other software that runs with root access without your knowledge.

This guy is full of crap and I wouldn't pay him for anything unless he gives you a very detailed explanation of what he's doing and you get to watch every single step of the process.

6. benwalburn

benwalburn Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Computer Repair
    I'm suprised nobody decided to defend our rom.... I thought ShabbyMod 0.9 is good. Better than stock by far

7. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Shabby is are only ROM

I think the point I was trying to make was the guy is lying to him