• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manual Update Still Receives OTA?

How do you know it was updated?

I did a manual Froyo update a few weeks ago, and this morning the OTA update seemed to fail. Last line of the boot screen said it aborted. About phone looks like it did yesterday.
Because the phone told me I had an update ready, asked me if I wanted to update now or later (I told it later because I was in the middle of something). When I was ready, I went to Settings, About Phone, System Updates & checked update now; it updated, and automatically rebooted, then my build number was changed to FRG22D

Reactions: Bandersnoot
Upvote 0
I did the first upgrade manually on both of our droids on about August 10 (three days apart to make sure it works). That was the B update. I manual did my phone Friday to the D update. This evening my wife's Droid (still on B) got the notice the update was available. I did the OTA update on her phone. Afterward I compared the two phones and they have identical version information. Have not seen any noticeable changes between B and D but I expect there are many bug fixes and it is now more stable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones