1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Manually rotate screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cipher6, Apr 7, 2011.

1. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2010
    GIS Admin
    South Texas
    Is there a way to turn auto rotate off, but still manually rotate the screen with a button or something? The auto thing annoys me, but when I view media sometimes I like to have it in landscape.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Some roms have the ability to turn rotating to manual or automatic.

3. Kiser360

Kiser360 Lurker

Jan 17, 2012
    I searched the whole web for a solution to my problem which just like this thread. I wanted to be able to cycle between landscape and portrait at the press of a button. Unfortunately I found no tutorials to do so, therefore I had to develop my own method and I wanna share it with the community.

*This doesn't require root permision! : )

This method isnt free :( but afterwards you can rotate the screen by double tapping the home button.

1: Invest ($1.49) in an app by Coin Soft called "Orientation Control"
    1.a After installing open the app to change some settings. Set the switch style to "Cycle". Then select Cycle Settings>Disabled Switch>Auto Rotate.​

2: Now download a free app by Hideki Kato called "Home2 Shortcut" and open after installing.

3: Now you need to set up "Home2". For step 1 of the Home2 set-up, select "choose Application>Installed Applications" and set it to "Orientation Switch"

4: Scroll down to step 3 of the Home2 set-up, and select "choose home application" and set it to whatever your preferred launcher is.

5: Finally read step 4 of the Home2 set-up, and do just as is says.

Now you can double tap the home button at anytime and rotate the screen. Hope someone finds this useful ; )

"Home2 Shortcut": bit.ly/yczD6s
    "Orientation Control": bit.ly/z1vVUt

4. jimbobsthebest

Jul 11, 2012