• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manually update firmware to 13.35 (NOT 2.1)

maciel310

Mar 11, 2010
Just cross posting for those who haven't seen the post over on Backflipforums.com, but it looks like someone has came up with an update file that will allow you to manually update to the 13.35 version that Motorola released for the Backflip a little while back. Just to be clear I had nothing to do with creating this, you can thank moosefist at Backflipforums.com and Shrilax_CZ at modmymobile.com, I'm just letting everyone here know about it.

I just installed it on my phone and it seems to be working great. Google Sky Maps now works, can't really speak to the other fixes yet but here's hoping. Oh, and have patience on the first boot after the flash, on my phone it stayed on the first Moto screen for a while, and stayed on the AT&T screen for even longer, don't panic it is normal.

The instructions are very straight forward, but still be careful, since this could brick your phone theoretically. Not sure if it will void your warranty, and we'll see if it causes issues with later OTA updates (I would imagine it won't, since it is the official files, just installed differently).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones