• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Many apps running on background

carlosnino

Lurker
Aug 1, 2018
I use an LG V30+ mobile with Android 8.0.0
I installed the All-in-One Toolbox and it tell me that there are 25 apps running on background. I stopped the all yesterday and only used 4 or 5 since then but now they're back on.
Is there a way to avoid normal apps (like DJI, Skype etc.) from running by them selves in the background with out being called by me?

Thanks

Get rid of All In One.
Any app of that type that has ads is not good for your device, or for you.
Not only that, they don't tell you what kind of memory they have 'saved' or give any meaningful information.

It has made you worried about apps that run constantly on all devices.
These are system apps, and without a bunch of hassle you will not be able to control many of them.

Most have code embedded in them that makes them start as soon as the device is turned on, the screen comes on, you use certain other apps, etc.

You will chase them and chase them, but never catch them or make them stop.

For sure, there are some methods, but total control is hard to come by, sacrifices will be made, and time spent is unrecoverable.

Not to mention that what works on one device may not work on another.

One 'cleaner' type app that is trustworthy is LTE Cleaner.
It does bot make any false claims, shows no ads, and does what it is supposed to do.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/theredspy15.ltecleanerfoss/

Be sure to go into the settings and pay attention, because it is a very thorough cleaning.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Apps like All-in-One Toolbox are almost all about giving the user a deceptive peace of mind and actually do very little as far as actually being able to magically optimize your phone.
I'd suggest you go into the Settings >> Apps menu, find and open All-in-One Toolbox app entry, tap on Force stop, find and tap on Clear data, then tap on the Uninstall button. Really, Android has its own integral memory management that's pretty sophisticated as is. Installing a third-party app that directly interferes with the existing background services will provide you with some cute, fabricated graphics but you can do the same functions as that app by delving into your phone's Settings menus.

Regarding that situation where there are multiple apps running in the background, that's a typical and common occurrence. It's not a bad sign at all, it's an indicator that your phone is functional and the installed Android operating system is working as it was designed to. The same thing happens with Linux, Mac, or Windows.
Stop trying to micromanage your phone, it's not helping and you're actually just making it work that much harder.

Upvote 0
I use an LG V30+ mobile with Android 8.0.0
I installed the All-in-One Toolbox and it tell me that there are 25 apps running on background. I stopped the all yesterday and only used 4 or 5 since then but now they're back on.
Is there a way to avoid normal apps (like DJI, Skype etc.) from running by them selves in the background with out being called by me?

Thanks

I believe the main purpose of this app is to show you ads, and to phone home your personal data to China for monetization. and anything else is snake-oil You don't need it.

I know Skype needs to run in background, otherwise it wouldn't be able to receive calls and messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones