• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Many Issues

I've been having many problems with my T-Mobile G1 lately. I bought this phone in the summer of 2009, so I dunno if it's because it's aged or what. First, the battery drains quicker than ever, but after it's been shut off and put on a charger for at least one minute, the battery springs back to 70-80 percent battery life. Also, the phone has been doing odd things. I called my friend, and when his voicemail turned on, my phone showed the Android OS being loaded back onto the phone, but I could still hear my friend's voicemail. The end call button didn't stop anything, and my phone eventually lost connection to T-Mobile. Also, with the app Automatic Task Killer, it has been killing large chunks of space over and over, like my phone continues to run applications and other things even after I've made sure every app is manually closed and my phone is locked (back to the battery problem, too!) It's also been closing things without me pressing anything, and other wacky things.

What could be happening?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones