1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Many problems after changing SIM card-HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gorcio, May 22, 2011.

1. gorcio

gorcio Lurker

Hello everyone,

since two days, I have experienced problems sending text messages - every single attempt ended up with "Message not sent" response. (BTW - very useful and descriptive message).

To check if there was anything wrong with my android (2.2.1), I have put in my friend's sim card from his HTC, test successfully texting, put my SIM card back and found that :
    1. all my screens were reset to blank, home screen reset to default
    2. some of my apps were wiped out (Angry Birds :-( ).
    3. all my contacts, calendar etc - all gone
    4. couldn't log into my google account anymore, until I changed my password.

After having spent some time on restoring my screens, resyncing my contacts I am left hopeless with following problems :
    1. Can't get my secondary google calendar to appear in the android calendar. Syncing shows only phone calendar and my primary calendar, but not second one.
    2. can't download anything from the market, and if logged into the market - web market say no device registered, help doesn't help (worse than Microsoft) and there is no option to register device against my account.

Would anybody have any idea on solving it ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast

I have two possible ideas.

1. your SMS centre number is incorrect
    2. your SIM card is of older make and requires more voltage to run properly (which your phone can't deliver). Had that problem with my Hero, my operator gave me a new SIM, no problems since.

As for all the other problems... a factory reset might do you good.

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews