1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Many Problems Since Yesterday--Force closes, no syncing

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by GreatManTheory, Nov 17, 2011.

1. GreatManTheory

Nov 17, 2011

Nov 17, 2011
    Hi all,

First time posting on this forum. My phone (Evo, Sprint) has been acting very strange since yesterday. First, I noticed that all of the Facebook profile pictures that used to be displayed for my contacts were no longer there. This is without me updating the Facebook app or changing any settings. I restarted the phone, thinking this would clear up the issue. When the phone restarted, various Google processes started force closing. I restarted a couple more times (kept running into Google processes force closing) and all seemed to be back to normal, apart from no pictures for my contacts.

I thought maybe I needed to update the Facebook app and things would return to how they were. However, I realized my Market hadn't ever updated past 2.3 (I'm not sure if this is related to my general problem or not, but I thought I'd mention it). After searching for a while, I managed to find a direct download for the new Market (since I couldn't ever get it to auto-update). I updated the apps that needed updating (Gmail, Facebook, etc).

Then my Gmail started messing up (not sending or receiving emails), and various Google processes started force closing again. The phone restarted itself a couple of times. During one of those restarts, I even noticed that the keyboard I've been using for many months (Swift Key X) wasn't even listed as a possible keyboard choice anymore.

I have no idea what's going on, but it seems like it might be some sort of syncing issue. Any help would be appreciated.