1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Many questions/items -Dinc2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by njtexas, Jun 18, 2011.

1. njtexas

njtexas Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    I have had the Dinc2 for about 2/3 weeks. Going pretty well so far. Quick questions:

1)Phone: So I'm on a phone call and I'm done with the call (not using bluetooth). I cannot end the call until I press the button on top and unlock and THEN I press end call...how can I make the device not go blank while I"m on the call.

2)Basic: Sorry for the basic question, but if I want to keep the display on for a period of time (say 30 minutes) while idle, how do I do this?

3)Battery: There are a lot of threads about battery life..mine is poor despite not necessarily using the Dinc2 all day. Questions: I typically charge my phone at night. However, is it alright to charge the phone a couple of times during the day--i.e. can one overcharge the battery and hurt it...Obviously, I won't do this a lot, but sometimes if I go out at night, I want to charge the Dinc2 for an hour so that I won't have to bring a charger with me at night

4) Juice Defender--I don't have this, but will this help me? I use Dinc2 for emails, some apps and some internet use....but should I get this?

5) Is there a widget that does make one have to press that button on top and then swipe down (to unlock) the droid--after coming from a blackberry, it's so annoying that everytime I use the Dinc2, I have to press that button on top and slide down to unlock, etc.

Advertisement

2. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast
    None

my answers are in bold below

I have had the Dinc2 for about 2/3 weeks. Going pretty well so far. Quick questions:

1)Phone: So I'm on a phone call and I'm done with the call (not using bluetooth). I cannot end the call until I press the button on top and unlock and THEN I press end call...how can I make the device not go blank while I"m on the call.
    make sure the screen is not dirty, and it will show up.
    2)Basic: Sorry for the basic question, but if I want to keep the display on for a period of time (say 30 minutes) while idle, how do I do this?
    menu>settings>display>screen turnoff. longest SET amount of time is 10 minutes, or "never turn off" is the alternative option.
    3)Battery: There are a lot of threads about battery life..mine is poor despite not necessarily using the Dinc2 all day. Questions: I typically charge my phone at night. However, is it alright to charge the phone a couple of times during the day--i.e. can one overcharge the battery and hurt it...Obviously, I won't do this a lot, but sometimes if I go out at night, I want to charge the Dinc2 for an hour so that I won't have to bring a charger with me at night
    overcharging the battery is impossible. some things that will help battery life. make sure the display brightness is lower, and not automatic. make sure GPS is off unless you absolutely need it. and make sure you are, if able, on WIFI instead of 3g.
    4) Juice Defender--I don't have this, but will this help me? I use Dinc2 for emails, some apps and some internet use....but should I get this?
    I personally have never used it. There are mixed reviews about it, but to each his own.
    5) Is there a widget that does make one have to press that button on top and then swipe down (to unlock) the droid--after coming from a blackberry, it's so annoying that everytime I use the Dinc2, I have to press that button on top and slide down to unlock, etc.
    Widgetlocker. or NoLock. are a couple of ones that are great. NoLock disables the lock screen so it wont ever be locked.,..obviously. WL is AMAZING. because of how awesome the customization is with it, and how responsive the developer is.

Hope these help.

njtexas likes this.