• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Map app in android 2.1 is using batt life even when not running

adding2n2is5

Dec 24, 2009
I have noticed that since the update to android 2.1 that battery drain is crazy during times that it shouldn't be. After some experimenting and searching through phone settings I found that the phone will tell you what had been using the battery since it was last unplugged. I found that it shows the map app using over 90% of batt even when the program had never been opened. I had also verified through ATK that map app wasn't even open. Anyone else setting this? ANY ideas on what to do?

how do i find what is using battery up?
and i read somehwere on here a thread on battery life saving , does anyone know it?
Click on phone
dial *#*#4636#*#*
This enters a Testing menu with 4 options.
Battery history will show you what things have been used.

Also, i found if i turn off mobile network AND wi-fi battery drain is significantly less. I went to bed with 100% and when i got up it had used only 3%. Might help a little if you don't need it.
Also, Advanced Task Killer is worth using and killing what you don't need

Reactions: groggy
Upvote 0
Click on phone
dial *#*#4636#*#*
This enters a Testing menu with 4 options.
Battery history will show you what things have been used.

Also, i found if i turn off mobile network AND wi-fi battery drain is significantly less. I went to bed with 100% and when i got up it had used only 3%. Might help a little if you don't need it.
Also, Advanced Task Killer is worth using and killing what you don't need
i only got 2 options:
phone information and battery information
under batter information it just tells me about my battery status level scale etc nothing about what has been used?

Upvote 0
i only got 2 options:
phone information and battery information
under batter information it just tells me about my battery status level scale etc nothing about what has been used?
Sorry mate, the 2 option is V1.5 as opposed to 4 option under 2.1.
I am sure someone with more knowledge of task manager style apps from the market might be able to help more

Reactions: groggy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones