• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Map network drive on device

towoha

Lurker
Sep 4, 2011
Norway
Hi all.
I have a litle problem figuring out how to solve the following scenario.
My work email is connected as a IMAP account to my Android device.
I also have this Android Device connected to work with VPN.
On my computer on work I have a folder that I store different files I find usefull in my line of work.
The problem is this:
- I want to be able to save files I recieve on my email to the folder stored on my work computer.
This works great on my home office computer. But I'm afraid I can't make it work on my Android device.

Anyone have any hints on how to solve this:thinking:

Have you considered saving the file locally on your device then moving it over? If you shared the folder on your PC then it will be available via a file browsing app like ES File Explorer (free in the Market).

I have several shared folders on my PC and when I need to send or get files I simply open ES File Explorer, swipe to the right to get to the "server" screen and browse my shared folders as if they were local. All you need to do in the "server" page is add a new server. In your case, being VPN, all you need to know is the local IP of your remote PC and add it as a server using the Windows user name and password of the PC. Works like a charm locally so I see no reason for it to not work through VPN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones