• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Map real network drive on Android

kaneelschep

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
Hi all.

I have been searching and searching. But I cant find it.
Is there a way to map a network drive to an android phone.
So it would act as a real network drive. To be shown and used sort of like an extra sd card.
So it can read and write on it WITHOUT having to download the files first.
Cause I know any file browser can do that ;) I have that already.
But that is not a network drive.
And also over the internet. Not just wifi. Webdav would be good.

Thanks!

noone knows how to do this, or if it is possible??? ;)
Why is this such a thing? I mean its possible for all platforms. Why would android be different?

"all platforms" meaning full-blown desktop OSs, like MacOS, Ubuntu, or Windows? Android been a mobile OS, maybe the devs never thought users would be wanting to be mapping real network drives to their phones?

Reactions: Trom and Dannydet
Upvote 0
noone knows how to do this, or if it is possible??? ;)
Why is this such a thing? I mean its possible for all platforms. Why would android be different?

Using the file manager x-plore, I can connect to my company's file server. X-plore remembers my credentials, and any time I allow the phone to log on to the company network, which isn't often, I can access the file server with no repetitive setup.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones