1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

mapping network drive to tablet

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mrfrustrated, Dec 24, 2011.

1. mrfrustrated

mrfrustrated Newbie

I have a router just for wireless data transfer (no internet). It is an Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1 router with a hard drive attached to the usb port. In Asus terminology this creates a AiDisk. I have the drive mapped on my laptop as Z:\. I have a tablet from china (M7206 #87) running Android 2.3.3 that is rooted. How do I/Can I setup the drive to be mapped onto my tablet and I can access it like a normal folder, so it transfer files as they are created??? Please help! I have been at this for 3 days and no solution. :thinking:

-Mr. Frustrated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Same answer as in your other thread :)

Install EStrongs File Manager and try to access the HD by IP address as SBM share via WiFi.
    EStrongs named SMB share as LAN.

Harry

3. mrfrustrated

mrfrustrated Newbie

I have been working with those apps and I am having trouble setting up the folder recognition and I do not think the files are transferring automatically. I’ll give it another go. If you think of any other solutions, let me know. Thank you.

4. hingham

hingham Lurker

Hi - I have also been trying to figure out how to edit documents on a shared drive without the need to download the file first and then upload when finished. I am relucent to root my devices as they belong to the school I work for. Did you have any luck finding a way of doing this???