I love Google Maps/Navigation and use it every weekday to go to/from work so that I can see traffic along my route (I have 3/4 alternate routes). The new update ruins everything in my workflow.
1. They added so many bells and whistle that it brings the Galaxy Nexus to its knees. Transitioning to the next step (i.e. after you make a turn or something) is laggy. You can forget about scrolling around the map or zooming. That's even worse.
2. I have shortcuts on my home page to launch navigation for work/home. This now takes me through 2 different screens (confirming address, etc) whereas it used to take me directly into navigation.
3. The red/orange/yellow/green traffic light that used to indicate congestion along the route has been replaced by a change to the font color of the ETA. This is nearly impossible to see in daylight. You cannot differentiate between green/red let along red and orange. I hope I'm not developing color blindness.
4. It now takes 2 taps to display the route summary (with traffic). Instead of tapping on the ETA to bring this up, you now have to tap on the submenu button, then select route summary.
5. Related to 4, on the route summary screen, I cannot find a way to display alternate routes and ETAs. This is what I use to see what all my options are to avoid traffic. This kills me.
All in all, this update makes everything that was good about maps and mangles it in an attempt to look more like Apple Maps. Truly atrocious.
EDIT: I've uninstalled all updates. Back to 6.14.2 and staying there so that I can keep my sanity.