1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Maps App is Silent When Bluetooth is On

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by artbytes, Jan 23, 2021.

1. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

My Maps app was working perfectly until I paired my phone with the handsfree Bluetooth app for my car. Now, if my Bluetooth is turned on, enabling the phone calls to go through my car, the Maps app won't speak to me. If I turn my phone bluetooth off, the voice on the Mapp app returns.

I took the phone into a T-Mobile store, and the sales rep couldn't find any settings that might cause this. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It depends on your vehicle's Bluetooth settings. Each make and model varies so you'll need to look into that.

mikedt likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Check bluutooth settings on your phone. If it is set for both calls and media, then your stereo will need to be on bluetooth or media to hear the navigation.

Alternatively, you can go into settings on google navigation and turn off audio over blutooth and it will give audio prompts through the phone speaker. This is how I have mine set up as I listen to SiriusXM through my stereo but want my phone calls in my truck. The only downside is that the music doesn't silence when a new nav command is issued.

NightAngel79 and mikedt like this.
  4. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

Thanks. I just saw this - I guess I missed the notification. I found the settings for my maps, and said to play the map directions with the phone, instead of via Bluetooth. Hopefully, that will work.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

LOL, I just answered your other thread. :)

Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus release date was 6 March. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4500mAh battery.

6 March
Release Date
Reviews