• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maps App is Silent When Bluetooth is On

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2011
My Maps app was working perfectly until I paired my phone with the handsfree Bluetooth app for my car. Now, if my Bluetooth is turned on, enabling the phone calls to go through my car, the Maps app won't speak to me. If I turn my phone bluetooth off, the voice on the Mapp app returns.

I took the phone into a T-Mobile store, and the sales rep couldn't find any settings that might cause this. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Check bluutooth settings on your phone. If it is set for both calls and media, then your stereo will need to be on bluetooth or media to hear the navigation.

Alternatively, you can go into settings on google navigation and turn off audio over blutooth and it will give audio prompts through the phone speaker. This is how I have mine set up as I listen to SiriusXM through my stereo but want my phone calls in my truck. The only downside is that the music doesn't silence when a new nav command is issued.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones