• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Maps - GPS not showing exact locations

jusdebbie

Feb 22, 2010
I got my son the Droid 2 and i have the Incredible. He just got his license and part of my reason for getting him the phone was the gps. I want to know where he is. How EXACTLY (and i mean step by step) do i set that up on the Droid 2 so its more accurate? We are always showing at different locations even when we are side by side! My phone shows me in the correct place but his shows him where he was a few hours ago and sometimes just shows a few miles away even when he wasnt there! So if you guys could help me that would be great. Thanks!

I got my son the Droid 2 and i have the Incredible. He just got his license and part of my reason for getting him the phone was the gps. I want to know where he is. How EXACTLY (and i mean step by step) do i set that up on the Droid 2 so its more accurate? We are always showing at different locations even when we are side by side! My phone shows me in the correct place but his shows him where he was a few hours ago and sometimes just shows a few miles away even when he wasnt there! So if you guys could help me that would be great. Thanks!

I am not sure if this will help, but have you tried calibrating the compass? I did that and my locations got better. Mine went from showing me in a town to on an actual street.

Upvote 0
Mine has been spot-on w/out calibration...

If it's showing his position from a few hours ago, it sounds like it isn't getting a good fix/connection.

You might try GPS Status to compare and see how that app locates him vs. Google Maps.

You might want to clear data/cache for Google Maps (Settings>Applications>Manage>All apps, tap on google maps, clear cache/data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones