• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maps - how to save

ergalthema

Nov 12, 2009
Maps is very powerful and I think it's one of the best features of the Droid, but I still feel like I don't understand a lot about it.

Sometimes I'll look up directions for a place I want to go later. How do I save that location? I know I can look it up with a PC and save it in "my Maps", then possibly access that layer on my Droid. But I just want a place to save destinations that I might want to go to later.

This is one example of many things that should be easy to do, but I don't understand how to.

This doesn't make sense to me either.

I searched for an address. It showed up in layers till I unchecked it. Now it doesn't show up in layers at all. The only way I can find it is to go into search.

However - earlier, I had accidentally searched for "21" (typo). "21" still shows up as a layer even after I uncheck it.

Makes no sense to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones