1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Maps - how to save

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ergalthema, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Maps is very powerful and I think it's one of the best features of the Droid, but I still feel like I don't understand a lot about it.

Sometimes I'll look up directions for a place I want to go later. How do I save that location? I know I can look it up with a PC and save it in "my Maps", then possibly access that layer on my Droid. But I just want a place to save destinations that I might want to go to later.

This is one example of many things that should be easy to do, but I don't understand how to.

Advertisement

2. mooshu47

mooshu47 Active Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Not sure if there's a way to save maps, but if you pull up directions to a location it will be saved as a layer.

3. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    This doesn't make sense to me either.

I searched for an address. It showed up in layers till I unchecked it. Now it doesn't show up in layers at all. The only way I can find it is to go into search.

However - earlier, I had accidentally searched for "21" (typo). "21" still shows up as a layer even after I uncheck it.

Makes no sense to me.

4. you need to down load my maps editor, it links with google maps and can be edited on the phone or the computer (and its free) i have several maps saved and you can save locations and navigate to them.