• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Maps will not show in Android

Camraman60

Lurker
Mar 12, 2011
As a newbie to Android I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question so my apologies if I am wrong but the question seems to apply generally to androids but as my latest attempt was on an ace, my daughters, although I only have an "eclair" run Galaxy Apollo I thought I would put it here.

I regularly use a uk website "transportdirect" to "find a place" which works great on pc and works on my ipod touch (yuk) I now want to use it while mobile but it will not show the maps on any android device, (haven't tried on anything above Gingerbread). Is this something to do with flash and is there a simple way round it? otherwise I may have to use the touch and get a mifi gadget to connect to 3g which I don't really want to do as there are many apps I use on android that I can't get on "*tunes" and don't really like *tunes anyway...

Thanks for that. I am a parcel courier and although I use google maps to pinpoint postcodes, transport direct enables you to input a house/property name and postcode and it will pinpoint the property exactly. I have already checked unsuccessfully for an app but can't find one and can't imagine a site run by the UK government going into app production. I have checked with a colleague who has an iphone and he can get it to work but I am not a big fan of apple even though I have a ipod touch.

Upvote 0
cwilkinson1998, You are a star. I wouldn't have thought that changing the browser would make a difference. OperaMini seems to have done the job. The only problem now is that it's a bit small on my phone to zoom in and out. Any suggestions on how to persuade the better half that I need a 5" or 7" tablet!!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones