1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Mark calendar appointments as private?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by crywolf, Sep 21, 2011.

1. crywolf

crywolf Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    I'm looking for an app that lets me add an appointment as private, and that remains as 'private', even after syncing it with Outlook through exchange activesync.

(Reason: I'm syncing it with my work calendar, which people can access to book me for meetings. And I want them to see I'm busy, but not what type of "private" issues I'm busy with - doctor appointments, etc)

Anyone know of any apps that do this?
    Touchdown seem to be able to, but then I need to set up a brand new sync process - for mail as well as calendar (or have a double sync, etc)

Advertisement

2. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    I would advise you check your calendar permissions in Outlook. In a typical Exchange environment, other people should only be able to see "busy" or free space but not the content of the appointment. Your Exchange administrator may have opened them up, but that would no longer fall under the "typical Exchange environment" heading.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Unless you have delegate access defined in Exchange the only thing others can see is that the time is marked as busy, free, out of office, etc. With delegate access enabled, they can then see details of the appointment.

4. crywolf

crywolf Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    The problem isn't in Outlook/the work calendar.

The problem is that on my HTC Desire S, I can't select an appointment as "Private", and then sync it to Outlook/the work calendar OTA and have it remain as private there.

This was no problem with my two former mobiles (Nokia), where I could select whether I wanted a new appointment to be:
    a) Open (ie the details of the meeting could be seen by all at work, which is something I'd want for work-related activities, so they'd know where I was if they needed me, etc)
    b) Private (ie my calendar would only show that I'm busy from 9-10, but not what I was doing or where).

I miss having the ability to select between those two on my phone (which is where I often do my bookings, as it's always with me in meetings)...

5. crywolf

crywolf Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Anyone at all....?

6. andr73rm

andr73rm Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    Touch calendar and moxier can do what you need.
    any other found?