1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Market and end Button problems Velocity 1.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimecv, Aug 23, 2011.

1. jimecv

jimecv Member
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Male
    Aerospace Manufacturing
    Tucson, Az
    Hi Guys! I finally flashed velocity 1.1 on my Ally runnung 2.2. It is really cool except, the end button wont close phone! have to wait for screen timeout. If I hold it it gives me option to reboot etc.

Also the Market wont open "stops unexpectedly" unless I go and uninstall updates to the market. then it works until i go do something else. I go back to uninstall updates again and market works.

What to do????

UPDATE: Spareparts+ was the answer to both problems! Was not configured correctly.

Advertisement

2. jmar

jmar Nexican
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    San Jose, CA

Nice.

3. DHusky

DHusky Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    Mind telling me exactly what setting you changed? My market crashes every time I try to open it as well with this latest update.

4. IphilChevyElt3

None

Sep 6, 2011
    :eek::cool:i went into velocity toolkit and then spare parts. Then go to end button behavior and change that to home then sleep. Then Fancy input animations check that check compatibility mode then navigate to settings applications, manage applications, and find market, click on it and uninstall updates clear fourm data and clear chache. Then your market should work mine does. If you have the market icon on main screen look at the bag handles if they are curved then you can do this and it may fix it. Once done look at the handles on the android market app and notice they are straight. Hope That HELPS!!!! I could NOT find anything on the internet about this but hopefully this is the fix.................:p;):mad::rolleyes::eek::cool::thinking::eek::cool:
    if that doesnt work just keep uninstalling updates everytime you want to use the market i guess...

5. sterk32

sterk32 Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Michigan
  6. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    college student
    South Carolina
    Not sure if this is related to the end button problem, but my phone refuses to stay in sleep mode.
    The screen will randomly cut on while in my pocket or sitting on my desk, so I'll click the end button again which puts it to sleep, but then it wakes up again almost immediately after. This continues until finally it will sleep for longer. And then it will cut on a few minutes later.
    This has become a huge drain on my battery.
    Any thoughts as to what I should do?
    I recently upgraded to Velocity 1.1, but it was doing this while I was in 1.0 (upgraded in hopes of fixing it).
    I wonder if it may be a hardware problem.

7. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    college student
    South Carolina
    anyone? It's really killing my battery :[

Tags: