• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market app problem after froyo

madmonk

Jun 27, 2010
Updated last night, noticed today that when try to open Market it says "an error has occurred please try later", under title Terms and Service. I've now got a phone, the point of which is to use to download apps that can't download apps!

The desire is not rooted. The phone is locked to Orange.

I've done hard reset, though only left battery out about a minute. no joy.
will do factory reset in day or two if problem not resolved.

I've got a feeling it might be due to the Start-up cleaner, which now won't open properly. I turned off the market update on start up. I think.

Any thoughts?
cheers, Mike

I realise now, nothing to do with startup cleaners I didn't turn off market update. Quite ridiculous that this update that we've been looking forward to, should cause such significant problems. just hoping there's an easy fix though from googling the issue it looks like people on other networks been having the problem for months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones