1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support market app updates...exclude one?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dookie1, Sep 22, 2010.

1. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    so, i have an older version of shazaam (with unlimited tags, not the newer 5/mo unless you pay) and i want to keep it that way.

is there a way to exclude an app from the 2.2 'update all' feature (which is awfully convenient)?

Advertisement

2. dookie1

Jun 25, 2010
    bumpity..

3. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Student
    Ohio
    Im pretty sure you are still able to update and keep your unlimited tags. I had a friend who was worried but did it anyways on a Droid 1 and had no issues.

4. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Just hope you don't have any problems that require you to do a hard reset of your phone. If you do a hard reset, you will lose all of your free apps.

5. dookie1

Jun 25, 2010
    i keep backups of all the apps.

i suppose i could just go ahead with the update and revert back to the old one if it changes (which i hear it does)...

6. TnIan

TnIan Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Somewhat similar issue here. I have the Electronic Arts version of Scrabble installed, and they recently released an update that weighs in at thirty-two megs. I said screw that nonsense, I'll just keep the old version (which was pretty chunky to begin with - 20 MB or so, IIRC).

The problem is that Scrabble shows up on the "My Apps" update list, so I can't hit the "update all" button - I have to update all the other apps one by one.

Is there a way to delete Scrabble from the notification list, or break its Market association altogether, or some other way of getting it off there?

7. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    USA:Poconos & Florida
    A related problem. I usually permit automatic updates. Suppose I change my mind, is there a way of doing so?

JM

8. TnIan

TnIan Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    I believe you can set those on a per-app basis in Market. Titanium Backup can do it as well (menu button -> Market Tools -> Market Auto-Updates).