• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market App won't let me install anything

aus21

Lurker
Apr 25, 2012
Hi there,

first post here...

Android Version: 2.2.2
Network: Vodafone (Australia)
Taskiller Used?: Task Manager

Issue: I have a problem whereby any app being installed opens Marketplace for a second and then it disappears (although the process is still running according to Task Manager) and whether I reset, wait or go and do push ups or say, 283 times, ''I will not throw my htc at the wall'' - it doesn't install and I can't enter the Marketplace App either.

I Googled the problem - came to this post
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-2/451566-android-market-crashing.html
followed steps 1-8 on the following:
Android Market:

No colour formatting used at all :thinking: :(
There is - I've just looked using the editor and there are html tags specifying colour and font, with colour set to black (000000).

That's probably fine on the Web and for many people using apps, but those using dark themes in tapatalk will find it hard to read.

You should be able to edit it yourself - if you use the advanced editing options in the website you'll be able to remove the formatting.

Upvote 0
You should be able to edit it yourself - if you use the advanced editing options in the website you'll be able to remove the formatting.

I just took your word for it... Bizarre that formatting was present as I can never be bothered with making things fancy other than clicking on the bold button (A firm believer of keep it simple, stupid ;) ) ... Perhaps when I copied and pasted from the admin post it took formatting from there? Anyway - I clicked on 'remove formatting'

I hope that helps the helpers ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones