1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Market app won't run after reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkreps, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jkreps

jkreps Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Need some help here, please! I just rebooted my phone and now the market app won't start. All the other apps I've tried start, but market just does nothing- click and nothing happens. Any ideas? :thinking:

Update:
    Found another that won't start... "Profiles (cupcake)". I'm wondering if this app is somehow causing issues now after rebooting the phone. It didn't have these issues before the reboot. But, now market and profiles aren't working. Could be related...

Advertisement

2. jkreps

jkreps Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Well, got things working again...only after killing the "Gmail" task. Very strange that the Gmail app would cause these other apps not to start.

I'm not even using Gmail app. I use K-9 (for gmail and aliases) and touchdown (exchange).

3. micredible

micredible New Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Colorado
    :thinking: I have the same problem and can't find a fix. I tried what you suggested above but nothing. I've rebooted and nothing. I've tried to Uninstall updates but there aren't any to uninstall. I did a factory reset three days ago but Market worked then as I downloaded some apps directly after.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Can you please detail the problem a little more? The original poster was referring to a problem with the Market from the Eclair version of the ROM that originally came with the D1 - most phones are either on the 2.1 version of Eclair of 2.2, aka FroYo, and that if the market associated with those versions is exhibiting this same behavior the cause may be something entirely unrelated to the the fix proposed above.

5. troll_killer

troll_killer Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Killing trolls
    Arizona
    is the new revised market not uploadable to the OG Droid? I don't have an update waiting for me when i check. ???

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    have to manually do it for now...