• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market Apps missing - aka - how to save/restore your apps to the HTC EVO 3D

Going from the EVO 4G to the 3D, I noticed I am missing some apps that I downloaded before. Do you have to download them again or will they take a few hours to show up? I know I had a Cardio app that had about 2 months of data saved.......didn't want to lose that.

You should be missing all of them. Only stock Google/Sprint/HTC apps should be there, everything else needs to be reinstalled (unless backed up).

My recommendation - once you get the phone set up as before, sign up on Appbrain website and manage your apps through it. Priceless at times like this.

Upvote 0
Going from the EVO 4G to the 3D, I noticed I am missing some apps that I downloaded before. Do you have to download them again or will they take a few hours to show up? I know I had a Cardio app that had about 2 months of data saved.......didn't want to lose that.

Yup you have to redownload and install. I saved time by going to Android Market on my computer via browser, logging in and then clicking on my library. From there you can select the App and then Select the Device and install and it pushes the app to your phone and installs for you. It is fast, I would go into Store Account settings and name your device HTC EVO 3D.

Upvote 0

My assumption would be that since you're moving to a new device, you'll need to re-download and re-install all your apps. Any data you want from your 4G would need to be backed up and copied over to your new device also.

Upvote 0
Also go to http://market.android.com

If everything on your phone was just normal, it has a record of your previous installs - you can simply re-send them to your new phone (it goes by phone number).

(This is basically a re-hash of sikclown's advice if the AppBrain.com thing doesn't work out for you.)

One thing I noticed with the official market...There are some apps that are installed on my phone, that indicate they aren't installed on my phone.

I still back up all my apps with Appbrain because of this.

Upvote 0
Yep - once it got your list borked it never really got better - didn't happen to everyone - just you and me, drex! :)

no, others too, i kid, i kid

Hahaha...Glad I'm not the only one, EarlyMon. Then again, maybe it's because we got the early versions of the EVO 4G? I dunno. Never bothered to even trouble shoot because Appbrain still worked just fine (although, the Execute Changes button doesn't seem to actually connect and install the updates like it seems to on the Epic and Optimus S that I have on my secondary lines).

Upvote 0
Tomorrow I pickup my new 3D and am trading up from my old EVO 4G. I get email, calendar, etc. via our Exchange Server, so that should not be a problem in terms of re syncing all of that. All of my music and pictures are on the SD card, so again, no problem there. But... How'z about all my apps? Is there any way to transfer those, or will I have to re-download them all? And I do have to re download, is there a way to at least save a listing of the apps that I currently have without having to hand-write each one down?

Thanks,
Brad

Upvote 0
Tomorrow I pickup my new 3D and am trading up from my old EVO 4G. I get email, calendar, etc. via our Exchange Server, so that should not be a problem in terms of re syncing all of that. All of my music and pictures are on the SD card, so again, no problem there. But... How'z about all my apps? Is there any way to transfer those, or will I have to re-download them all? And I do have to re download, is there a way to at least save a listing of the apps that I currently have without having to hand-write each one down?

Thanks,
Brad

You can get an account at AppBrain.com to ensure you have your apps registered there for quick restore (assuming the Market doesn't have all of your apps listed, an early bug) - or you might try to just back up your apps with Astro File Manager (they'll go to an astro backup folder on your sd card) and restore from there. Or both.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
BTW,

For apps that you have on your old phone that are no longer listed on the Android Market, you can just get the .apk from the original phone and stick it on the SD card of your new phone. Then, if you enabled the ability to install 3rd party apps, you can install the apk from the SD card.

@drexappeal: i forget if it was you I was talking to, but I found out my weather app that's no longer on the market is called "Weather Forecast." I had to copy it from my Evo. I think it's the same app you (or someone else) were talking about. I use the 4x1 widget with clock on left and weather on right.

Upvote 0
Do you know the folder the apk's are saved? So I can snag them and move to the EVO 3D?

BTW,

For apps that you have on your old phone that are no longer listed on the Android Market, you can just get the .apk from the original phone and stick it on the SD card of your new phone. Then, if you enabled the ability to install 3rd party apps, you can install the apk from the SD card.

@drexappeal: i forget if it was you I was talking to, but I found out my weather app that's no longer on the market is called "Weather Forecast." I had to copy it from my Evo. I think it's the same app you (or someone else) were talking about. I use the 4x1 widget with clock on left and weather on right.

Upvote 0

Yup! That's the same one I have! I think the developer still had it on the market, but it's a "paid" app and super expensive now.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Wow... I find this to be second nature at this point. Almost forgot not everybody flashes ROMs all that often from this forum.

Yea, appbrain is a good way to back up everything easily, granted it's in the market is the only requirement. If you have something that's no longer in the market, you'll need to use something like app monster to save the (.apk) file.

Also, all the stuff you paid for will be remembered in your list due to them being tied to your gmail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones