1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Market apps not visible after ROM installation

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by UncleMike, Feb 14, 2011.

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    I just installed my first ROM (Peter Alfonso's 2.3.2 stock) and despite my desire for a vanilla Android ROM (that's what attracted me in the first place), I was caught off guard by the inability to do certain things, like view MS Office documents. I know I should have foreseen this, but I didn't.

Now I'm looking at my options and want to try ThinkFree Office Mobile Viewer, but it doesn't appear in the Market on my phone, and if I try to initiate the install via the web-based Market on my laptop, it tells me the app is not compatible with my device. I ran into a similar situation with CallTrack - it didn't re-install after my ROM installation, and I couldn't find it in the Market on my phone, even though the web-based Market showed it was installed.

With CallTrack I was able to get around the problem by downloading the app from the developer's site, but I can't seem to find another source for the FREE ThinkFree Office Mobile Viewer. Is there any way to trick my phone into seeing/installing it? Or is there another source for the app?

Advertisement

2. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    Just a follow-up... the problem seems to have been specific to Peter Alfonso's 2.3.2 ROM. UltimateDroid 3.0.0 (also 2.3.2 based) does not have the same problem with these apps.