• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market Browser Sign-In problem

Lemoned

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
I'm using an Asus Eepad TF101. After experiencing some problems with Market connectivity, I followed some advice I found online and cleared it of all data and did a cold boot following a thread here. Now, I can't add my old google account to my market. Everyting's fine until the Browser sign in page where nothing happens whenever I click the "sign in" button after entering my gmail information. Help?

For the record, I tried making a new gmail account, market still not working so I'm now stuck with an outdated market application that doesn't load which means I can't download anything from the market. I tried downloading a direct market .19 apk, but I have parsing problems and apkinstall.com and similar website does not recognize my file as a true apk file.

I'm using an Asus Eepad TF101. After experiencing some problems with Market connectivity, I followed some advice I found online and cleared it of all data and did a cold boot following a thread here. Now, I can't add my old google account to my market. Everyting's fine until the Browser sign in page where nothing happens whenever I click the "sign in" button after entering my gmail information. Help?

For the record, I tried making a new gmail account, market still not working so I'm now stuck with an outdated market application that doesn't load which means I can't download anything from the market. I tried downloading a direct market .19 apk, but I have parsing problems and apkinstall.com and similar website does not recognize my file as a true apk file.

Hello and ni hao Lemoned welcome to AF.

Where did you buy this Eepad? - wasn't a Chinese wholesaler or Ebay was it? Because usually the Asus devices are completely supported by Google and the Play store, and you shouldn't have to resort to hackery to get it working. After all Asus make the Google Nexus tablet. The exception been the Asus tablets that are intended for sale in China.

Other question is, what country are you in? Because some countries governments do block access to Google, e.g. China.

Upvote 0
I actually bought it in a Future Shop (or was it Best Buy? I'm not too sure anymore) around a year ago. I live in Canada actually and oddly enough, everything was working just fine until yesterday or so where I even had problem syncing Google Drive and Evernote. I had suspected my router since I started having the same problem with my phone(I couldn't even load support.google.com websites!), but everything is just fine on my desktop so I may be wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones