1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Market - can't find existing app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by V.Lee, Aug 27, 2011.

1. V.Lee

V.Lee Member
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    I downloaded a medical app developed at work the other day. The doctors (who did the formulas etc but not the programming) discovered an obscure problem and the programmers took it off the Market for several hours until they fixed it and then put it back on.

I downloaded it when it was first released (v1.0). Now that 1.1 is available, I cannot find it on my Epic's Market. It *is* showing up on my Windows desktop version. The weird thing is that it's never showed up in my MyApps on my Epic as needing an update. I was able to find it in settings/applications but out of alphabetical order. Thinking maybe it was just "confused" I uninstalled and now cannot find it to reinstall.

As mentioned, I can find it on my PC browser. (Is there a way to install from there?). I can even use xScope to go to market.android.com and find it, but it won't let me download that way. ("item is not compatible with your device").

So, does it make sense that it's visible on one version of Android Market, but not another, and more importantly is there another way to install?

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Yes, login to your Google account (same one as on your phone) and press Install on the Market page using your PC.

It is common for apps to not always appear on your phone but be visible on the web. Some of this is clearly intentional (region differences, phone compatibility), but I'm not sure it always is.

3. V.Lee

V.Lee Member
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    When I try that, I get "This app is incompatible with your Epic." (Used to say "phone", but when I went to check my settings, I changed it). Settings does list it as "Samsung SPH-D700 Sprint". Guess that could explain why it doesn't appear :thinking:.

The app should be compatible... at least it was on Thursday! Is it possible that when the programmer fixed the bug and apparently tweaked something, it did this? IOW, should I warn the doctors developing this that there is a potential problem, or is it more likely something flaky with the Market. (They have iPhones, but wanted it to also be on Android (not to make $; it's free), so they may not be aware of this type of potential issue).

Thanks for the response; I'm definitely learning here by trying to help them out.