• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market doesn't install automatically

I just reset my LG Esteem. So I have to download all my old apps. But my market download them but i have to click it so it can install it. I have the old version of the market since I just reset the phone.
Anyone knows why this might be?

Install the market apk that is in the market thread. And use the search function before posting.

Reactions: androiduser96
Upvote 0
Boot into recovery and restore a backup. If you don't have recovery, you really should get 1. CWM and RZ Recovery can be found stickied in the All Things Root section. It will help keep you from breaking your phone like this.
Once you get it, make a backup. This will save your phone as it is at that moment. If you do something that your phone doesn't agree on (overclocking above what your phone can handle, set on boot for example) you can use that backup you made to save your phone.
Easiest way to think of it is your playing a game, and you just saved your game lol

Upvote 0
Boot into recovery and restore a backup. If you don't have recovery, you really should get 1. CWM and RZ Recovery can be found stickied in the All Things Root section. It will help keep you from breaking your phone like this.
Once you get it, make a backup. This will save your phone as it is at that moment. If you do something that your phone doesn't agree on (overclocking above what your phone can handle, set on boot for example) you can use that backup you made to save your phone.
Easiest way to think of it is your playing a game, and you just saved your game lol

I already got CWM, so I make a backup and flash the kernel or the ROM?

Upvote 0
I already got CWM, so I make a backup and flash the kernel or the ROM?

If your gonna start from scratch load cwm, wipe data / factory reset, then flash the rom.. if its the vzb one, what i did was flash, reboot the phone then flash the oc kernel.. don't need to worry about rooting as that is already done.. only negative side effect i've seen is hmdi doesnt work or the phone is outsmartin me :D

Upvote 0
If your gonna start from scratch load cwm, wipe data / factory reset, then flash the rom.. if its the vzb one, what i did was flash, reboot the phone then flash the oc kernel.. don't need to worry about rooting as that is already done.. only negative side effect i've seen is hmdi doesnt work or the phone is outsmartin me :D

would reflashing help the gallery problem? cause i tried but nothig seems to fix it. look here http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/474952-i-need-help-phone-freeze.html.

I need help :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones