1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Market downloads and purchase auths never completing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ianr, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ianr

ianr Android Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2009
    Hello all, for a few days now I've been having an odd problem, basically when I try to download an app from the market (any app) it sticks on "Starting download" or "Authorising Purchase", and just never gets any further, even if I cancel the downloads, reboot, switch to wifi, restart the download, go into "manage apps" and clear cache and data in Market. If I reboot and go back into the market and go to "downloads", there they all are, still stuck in "Starting download" state. Sometimes when I reboot they all get stopped and I'm told all the apps have updates available, but if I try to update them I end up in the same state. This has been going on for 3 days now, has anyone seen this before?

Advertisement

2. ianr

ianr Android Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2009
    Weird, after doing some more searching, for some odd reason it seems I need to sign into google talk?!? I have done and now the downloads have started.. Anyone know what that's all about?

3. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest

Yep, have this issue sometimes......I also found that once you try to successfully update / download just a single app, the others afterwards come down easier....

Odd!

Tags: