• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market downloads hang on paid/free apps??

Jaredr

Nov 24, 2009
Since flashing to a 2.* rom and back a few times i am now back on fresh 1.1 and I am trying to do a few updates and download new apps but everything hangs. It just says either authorizing credit card for paid or starting download for free apps. I have even let it go over night and it never finished.

Any similar issues or ideas? I have even tried going further back in my nandroid backups but they all are inop.

Since flashing to a 2.* rom and back a few times i am now back on fresh 1.1 and I am trying to do a few updates and download new apps but everything hangs. It just says either authorizing credit card for paid or starting download for free apps. I have even let it go over night and it never finished.

Any similar issues or ideas? I have even tried going further back in my nandroid backups but they all are inop.
Are you on WiFi? I've noticed sometimes that downloads won't kick in while on WiFi. It is sporadic, sometime is works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually, when I disable WiFi, so that the downloads come over the mobile network, it works.

Upvote 0
Sign out of Google talk then sign back in. It should start downloading then.

Tried signing out and then redownloading, signing out and then back in and redownloading, and signout reboot redownload.

no good.

just would hate to loose the comfort feel of the phone if i had to start completely fresh. maybe ill just wait for 2.1 and deal with it then if it still pokes its head up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones