• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market downloads

Garthur

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
Just got my Desire and been playing around with it however whenever I try to download market apps it just sits at "starting download" and does nothing. Does this on Wifi and 3G. Can access internet ok. I have tried a factory reset. Is running Froyo.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Just got my Desire and been playing around with it however whenever I try to download market apps it just sits at "starting download" and does nothing. Does this on Wifi and 3G. Can access internet ok. I have tried a factory reset. Is running Froyo.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

how long does it hang up the starting dowload screen, whenever I have that issues i just cancel the download and restart it. if that doesnt work i pull the battery, never had an app that wont install that way

Upvote 0
I think its fixed now. By think I mean its currently downloading and installing but by reading the second link below the comments seem to suggest it only works for 20 mins before its back to the way it was again. So for anyone reading this in the future, if this is the last post from me it worked :)

First link gives a little detail from google, to cut it short, if you have just changed from googlemail.com to gmail.com wait a day then turn Airplane mode on and off. I have always had a gmail.com account though so the first part didn't apple to me but I gave it a go anyway with the Airplane mode and all looks good :)

Google Mail is becoming Gmail in the UK - Gmail Help

Application Downloads from Market stalled at "Starting Download..." - Android Market Help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones