1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Market FC Issue cm7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DXGypsy, Sep 14, 2011.

1. DXGypsy

DXGypsy Member

Hi again.

With great advice (and patience) from scur and shiny I finally got my cm7 going.
    Everything was roses until I batch restored my old apps via tibu.

Since then my Market went FC.

I tried symlinking:

mkdir /mnt /sdcard/ market-
    download-cache
    su
    cd /cache
    mv download download.bak
    ln -s /mnt /sdcard/ market-
    download-cache download
    ls -ahl

...but it failed.

Suggestions?

Also; i saved my contacts on the stock My Backup app before i did cm7 and the app itself was backed up by tibu.
    However in tibu now the My Backup app has a line through it and when i tried to restore it it just looped forever until i had to manually stop it with app manager.

Suggestions to get my contacts back?

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Android Expert

did u sync with gmail?

3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

i know this will be a pain but best way to get them back if you didnt back them up to gmail is, hope you made a backup before flashing but you will have to boot into recovery and scroll down to backup and restore and choose restore to load the previous rom you was on and all your apps and data/contacts will be back on there, and you can simple back them up to sd card and or gmail.

4. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Delete all the data from the Market and other apps. Also check your sd card and see if you have a "vcard" in the contacts folder. If you do open contacts hit menu and then import then from sd or whatever it is. I think it says something else. I cant remember but you get the idea.

5. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

I've always had issues restoring thru TiBU. I don't even really use it at all anymore.

6. DXGypsy

DXGypsy Member

hey sorry the delay in replying but the phone lagged into the grave and rebooted a couple times on me. i had to quickly move a bunch of restored apps to the sdcard to clear space. that seemed to do it.

ok so i will try shiny's advice first since it doesn't involve a reboot and if that doesn't work i will try nutt’s advice.

Now once i get my contacts and get market working should i delete my old CW backup. and backup cm7 now?
    Or is it more important to keep the old stock as my backup? I'm thinking of space issues.

7. starxpilot

starxpilot Android Enthusiast

DXGypsy likes this.