• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market Force Close Issue

Hi all, my name's Dan, I'm new to the world of Android and new to this forum. I live and work in South Korea and a few days ago I picked up an entry-level, Korea-built 7in tablet running Android 2.3.3.

So far, almost everything has been great. The tablet runs well for the price and I'm impressed with the features. Except for one very, very frustrating issue.

Every time I go into the market, I can search for apps and get as far as clicking Install and getting the "this will download" message. Then, every time, without fail, I get the error "Com.Android.Vending had stopped working" and I have to "Force Close"

I see that this problem has been fairly common and I did everything I could find. I cleared the cache and data, did the keyboard selection thing, rebooted, and so on. I ever downloaded several different market apk files from around the internet and tried uninstalling and running different versions of the market. But always, same error.

I think I have narrowed it down to the issue being in the permissions. Only problem is, when I got a hold of ROM Manager and tried the fix permissions thing, I get the error about "privileged commands". Needless to say, I'm totally out of options and so I turn to you for any help you can provide. Thanks!!

Well, after trying just about everything and reading a million articles I've come to the conclusion that my device does not support the Android Market app. Turns out that while Android is open-sorce, the google apps are not. Unless someone knows of a workaround (which I searched for and couldn't find) I looks like I'll be stuck using GetJar and searching for specific apk's around the net.

Thanks for the responses, guys. If you know of a way t trick the tablet into allowing the Android Market to work, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just stick with what I got. I guess for $180 beggars can't be choosers, right?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
The tablet is branded "Imuz TX72" and the processor is made by Telechips (so in most places it's referred to as Telechips TX72). --- www . i-muz . com

Android 2.3.3, Krenel version 2.6.35.7.

I purchased it here in Korea (where I live/work) and, as I said before, everything else works great save the market.

GetJar and Amazon markets both work without a hitch and the apk's I've found online and USB loaded also work, including other Google stuff like Maps and GMail (the newer versions of Facebook DO NOT work for some reason).

Anyway, I'd still like to gain access to the real Android Market if it's possible. Your help is truly appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones