• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market- Force Close

howbizah

Dec 1, 2009
I had LauncherPro installed on my phone and it was set to automatically upload. It is currently stuck like it is downloading and sometimes it even says it's 100% downloaded, but nothing happens after that. If I click on cancel download, it force closes the market every time. I tried deleting LauncherPro and reinstalling it, but now I have lost it and can't get it back. I am still able to install and update other apps without any problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had LauncherPro installed on my phone and it was set to automatically upload. It is currently stuck like it is downloading and sometimes it even says it's 100% downloaded, but nothing happens after that. If I click on cancel download, it force closes the market every time. I tried deleting LauncherPro and reinstalling it, but now I have lost it and can't get it back. I am still able to install and update other apps without any problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am not much help, but my market keeps force closing today and I am unable to update my apps. Maybe it is a problem with the market?

Upvote 0
Go into system settings, Manage Applications and select the Market App.
Next, use the Empty Cache option, you do not need to clear all data (the button above it), just empty the cache.

Once you do this, go back into the market app and the downloads screen should clear back to normal. I regularly do this once a month or so when the same things happen.

Upvote 0
Thanks....I tried that, but it still didn't fix the problem.

*Update- I was afraid to clear the data because of a warning message that I got, but I tried that today and that solved the issue. So the solution is Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All> Market> Clear Cache> Clear Data

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones