1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support market freezing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevinrubio, Aug 5, 2011.

1. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Student
    Atlanta, GA

Advertisement

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    i have had that issue before, dunno if its something with dta2sd or what, backup your apps with titu and re flash and see if the problem is resolve.

3. kevinrubio

None

May 9, 2011
    Student
    Atlanta, GA
    I cant even download TitBu from the market, but i already restored my apps already so i'll just reflash!
    SO i just reflashed, and had the same issue :( . Now what?

4. kevinrubio

None

May 9, 2011
    Student
    Atlanta, GA
    Before you watch the video, read all of the thread first!

So Since my last thread, that i tried to delete but just edited it,
    i found out what is causing this problem; when i download any application, and it goes to the second step,
    where it says installing, it just freezes, and reboots itself. To see what i mean Play this video

(ignore the beginning, it was originally for Playfulgod but i decided to put it as a thread so it might help someone else ;))

Anyways, once you've seen that video (just the beginning not the rest),
    I now what is causing that problem... But before i do that, before i made that video I installed DT's a2sd on it (Moved all apps + Dalvik code).

So i guess moving all the apps (a2sd reinstall in Terminal Emulator) caused this. Not sure why though.

SO if you had this problem, can you please tell how to fix this? with all user apps moved to the SD w/ DTa2sd.

-Thanks in advance

P.S: In the video i used TitBu as an example, what happened in that video, happens to all app inside the market!

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Although some suggest against the following,it worked for one of my apps(BTW,this goes w/o saying to backup your current ROM/settings/apps,etc...)

I had a widget that didn't show up in the WIDGET section due to being on the SDCard,so,I went to MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS> & pushed the 'MOVE TO INTERNAL' button on the affected app/widget.
    It works just fine now,maybe you can do the same w/other apps.

I had problems w/the new market app,both from XDA & through the official update.
    It seems to have settled down now,haven't had any issues in the last 2-3 days.Try clearing data &/or fix permissions in ROM MANAGER w/ apps that are giving you a problem,more often than not,that does the trick for me.

6. kevinrubio

None

May 9, 2011
    Student
    Atlanta, GA
    yeah i always do my fix permissions when ever i flash a new ROM. and i when i try to download any app, it just freezes so i cant do that method... but thanks anyways!