• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

market - informs you of updates - keeps track of "free" apps too!

not sure you understood me completely

1) its cool theres even an icon indicating updates are available

2) the system "kept" track of the apps i've already downloaded - didn't know they were doing that - but cool

3) once i downloaded ONE APP (google maps) that entire list was now replaced by just google apps

bummer

one would *expect* to see all your previously downloaded apps in that list - but in my (admittedly limited) experience, that's not the case! the full list was replaced by an abbreviated list

and i don't know why

i think its a glitch - a bug

Upvote 0
The first time you access the Market it will show you all downloaded apps, including free ones. Once you leave the Market only the paid apps show. However you should be able to see all your free apps provided you don't leave Market. This is how it is on Hero 2.1 roms anyway, however, the Moment's official did not work that way for me hen I uypdated my fiancee's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones